Youth Support Worker (Mat Cover)
Hope Support Services is looking for a talented, passionate individual to join our service delivery team as maternity cover for a full time (40 hours per week) Youth Support Worker.
Purpose: To deliver support services to children, including one-to-ones and group work. To work as part of a team and in partnership with other professionals and agencies.
Commitment: Full time 40 hours per week to include some evening and weekend work
Role and responsibilities
- Provide one-to-one support for children and young people in a variety of environments, including at
school, in the hospice, hospital, at home, in the community or via online video, audio or messaging.
- Onboard new referrals, assess their needs and develop an action plan
- Supervise peer-to-peer support groups
- Contribute to the monitoring and evaluation of the service and provide written reports of all the work
undertaken as required
- Promote service user involvement and facilitate service user feedback
- Implement and follow Hope’s safeguarding policy and procedures for children and vulnerable adults
- Liaise with schools, colleges and other organisations
- Deliver presentations in person and online to promote the work of Hope
- Work with other members of the service delivery team to share good practice, attend team meetings
and contribute to the development of Hope
- Record keeping, ensuring client notes are accurate
- Attend regular supervision
- Observe safe working practices at all times and follow all of Hope’s policies and procedures
- Support the delivery of the youth volunteer leadership programme (Y-Team)
- Organise and oversee administration for all sessions, groups and activities
Things we're looking for
- Qualifications in subjects relevant to the support of children
- Understanding of the needs of children & young people who have a loved one who is seriously ill,
particularly pertaining to pre-bereavement and bereavement.
- Current knowledge of child protection/safeguarding issues
How to apply
To apply, please download the application pack here: download the pack. Once you've had a look through and you feel ready, then come back to this page and use the form below to send in your application!.
Legal and compliance information
Applicants for this role will require a DBS (formerly, CRB) check. A criminal record will not necessarily be a bar to working with Hope Support Services. We will arrange the check and there will be no cost to you.