Event Support Volunteer
Come and help out at one of Hope’s many, fun-filled events!
Purpose: To support Hope Support Service Team in their attendance, promotion and awareness at events.
Commitment: We will require your support on an ad-hoc basis throughout the year which will include evenings and weekends.
Role and responsibilities
- Event support prior, during and after promotional and fundraising events
- Assist with the assembling of the promotional stand
- Interact with the team and general public
- Raise awareness of Hope Support Services
- Liaise and provide feedback on events to Staff Members
- Be able to relate to Young People
- Integrate within community, public and private sector
- Promote awareness of Hope Support Services and work being delivered
- Contribute ideas and creative thinking to broaden Hope’s fundraising capacity and enhance Hope’s public profile
- To comply with Hope Support Services policies and procedures
Things we're looking for
- Friendly, positive and respectful attitude
- Ability to relate to all people from all walks of life
- Flexible approach, problem solving skills and creative thinking
- Good communication skills
- Respect for confidentiality
- Ability to work as a team member
- Ability to work on your own initiative
- Flexible availability and a commitment to reliability
- Commitment to the aims of Hope Support Services
- Appreciation of the needs of people seeking information, advice, guidance and advocacy
- Willingness to learn
- Organisational skills
Introduction training will be provided and additional specific training will be sourced if necessary.
Please note - our events are currently on pause, so we are not currently recruiting at this time. We are still welcoming application forms however, and will get back to you when we return to see if you'd still like to volunteer.
How to apply
You can apply for this role right now online. Just scroll down to the form below and fill in your details. We'll get back to you as soon as we can.
Legal and compliance information
Volunteers for this role will require a DBS (formerly, CRB) check. A criminal record will not necessarily be a bar to volunteering with Hope Support Services. We will arrange the check and there will be no cost to you.