We are looking for a talented, passionate individual to become our new Fundraising Trustee.
Purpose: To help our charity reach the next stage of our journey, with the fundraising skills, knowledge and expertise to help drive the organisation forward, shaping our strategy for the future as we aim for outstanding performance in all that we do.
Commitment: The Board of Trustees meet a minimum of 4 times per year.
Role and responsibilities
As the Fundraising Trustee you will be advising on the implications of Hope’s strategic plans for fundraising; Making sure the organisation has a robust and well-thought-through fundraising strategy that is efficiently executed and which results in the charity and its associated operations being seen by its stakeholders and partners as proactive, value for investment and effective, locally, nationally and internationally.
We raise money from grants, companies, personal donations, community events and legacies. One of the duties of the Fundraising Trustee will be to assist the team with the preparation of bids and funding applications.
The Fundraising Trustee also plays a key role as an ambassador for the charity, building strong partnerships with external agencies and potential funders.
Things we're looking for
- Good communication/interpersonal and decision making skills.
- Understanding and acceptance of legal duties, responsibilities and liabilities of trusteeship.
- Strategic perspective and vision with Demonstrable experience in:
– Goal setting
– Monitoring and performance evaluation
- Commitment to the work of Hope Support Services and what we set out to achieve.
- Willingness to devote the necessary time and effort to the role of Trustee.
- Good independent Judgement.
- Ability to work collaboratively and constructively as a member of the board.
As Fundraising Trustee, the post-holder will have a substantial background as a charity fundraiser with a sound understanding and experience of charity fundraising at strategic and operational levels.
How to apply
To apply, please download the application pack here: download the pack. Once you've had a look through and you feel ready, then come back to this page and use the form below to send in your application!.
What you'll need: all you need is a copy of your CV in PDF format. If you get stuck or have further questions, feel free to give us a call on: 01989 566317
Legal and compliance information
Volunteers for this role may require a DBS (formerly, CRB) check. A criminal record will not necessarily be a bar to volunteering with Hope Support Services. We will arrange the check and there will be no cost to you.