Could you be our new Trustee Secretary?
Purpose: To ensure the smooth running of Trustee meetings by providing administrative support to the Board
Commitment: Six Board meetings a year, plus additional administrative tasks outside of these meetings
Role and responsibilities
GENERAL (ALL TRUSTEES)
· Review and recommend current and future strategic resourcing, training and development and annual budgets and plans to the Trustee Board.
· Actively contribute to policy setting, strategic direction, goal and target setting, and evaluate performance against targets, budgets, plans and charitable objectives.
· Ensure the Trustee Board monitors and reviews the performance of the company’s Chief Executive, rewards performance accordingly and identifies appropriate development opportunities.
· Monitor the financial position of the charity and its operations within its means and objects, making sure that there are clear lines of accountability for day-to-day financial management.
· Monitor whether the service complies with its governing document and standards and if the needs of the beneficiaries are being met.
· Undertake an organisational induction with the CEO, and commit to regular engagement with the wider Hope Team where appropriate.
· Work closely with the Chair, acting as the focal communication point between the Chair and the Board.
· Send emails to the Board from the Chair and CEO.
· Call, administer and minute the Trustee board meetings.
· Set meeting dates and ensure all Trustees are aware of them.
· Circulate an agenda 2 weeks prior to the meeting.
· Take minutes at each Trustees/informal meeting.
· Edit minutes and distribute to Trustees.
· File agendas and minute in the shared area.
· Ensure all meetings are held and conducted according to the Articles of Association.
· Ensure all meetings are quorate.
· Ensure all necessary documentation is sent to Companies House and the Charity Commission within the deadlines set (e.g. registering new Trustees and removing resigned Trustees).
· Confirm what decisions have been made and monitor their implementation.
· Provide trustees with additional information to facilitate decision-making.
Things we're looking for
· Demonstrable experience as a Trustee or Committee Secretary or willingness to learn with training and support.
· Willingness and ability to devote the necessary time and effort to meet the duties and responsibilities of the post.
· Strategic vision.
· Good, independent judgement.
· Ability to think creatively.
· Good communication and interpersonal skills.
· Good written and organizational skills.
· Ability to speak your mind with tact and diplomacy.
· Ability to work effectively as a member of a team.
· Commitment to, and willingness to work in accordance with, Hope’s principles, values and standards.
· Understanding and acceptance of the legal duties, responsibilities and liabilities of trusteeship.
Ideal candidates will show a willingness to take on additional responsibility, in line with COVID-19 requirements and impact on workforce, subject to Board approval.
How to apply
You can apply for this role right now online. Just scroll down to the form below and fill in your details. We'll get back to you as soon as we can.
Legal and compliance information
Volunteers for this role will require a DBS (formerly, CRB) check. A criminal record will not necessarily be a bar to volunteering with Hope Support Services. We will arrange the check and there will be no cost to you.