Youth Session Volunteer
Lend a hand at Hope’s regular youth sessions and ‘Hope on the Road’ trips!
Purpose: To support delivery of youth sessions and away days for young people
Commitment: We will require your support on a regular sessional basis.
Role and responsibilities
- Support the Hope team in the delivery of youth sessions and away days
- Assist with the running of specific sessions, with the assistance of staff members/volunteers
- Deliver activities to young people that are engaging, enhancing and fun
- Interact with the team and general public
- To value and promote the contributions of young people during sessions and away days
- To comply with Hope Support Services policies and procedures
Things we're looking for
- Experience in a youth work or parallel setting
- Friendly, positive and respectful attitude
- Ability to relate to all people from all walks of life
- Flexible approach and problem solving skills
- Organisational skills
- Good communication skills
- Respect for confidentiality
- Ability to work as a team member
- Ability to work on your own initiative
- Commitment to the aims of Hope Support Services
- Appreciation of the needs of the young people we support
Introduction training will be provided and additional specific training will be sourced if necessary.
How to apply
You can apply for this role right now online. Just scroll down to the form below and fill in your details. We'll get back to you as soon as we can.
Legal and compliance information
Volunteers for this role will require a DBS (formerly, CRB) check. A criminal record will not necessarily be a bar to volunteering with Hope Support Services. We will arrange the check and there will be no cost to you.